Born in Manresa, near Barcelona, in 1981. I'm working in London since 2009, at
Mendeley in the Mendeley Desktop team.
I almost always like what I do, if I didn't love I'd try to avoid doing
it. Obviously there are a few exceptions to this rule... but I can say that
some of my hobbies are:
- Programming. Mendeley hackdays are one of my favourite days. My work is based on C++/Qt (I'm flexible) and I really like Python.
- Learning. Could be English, a new programming language, table tennis...
- Museums, plays, musicals, standup comedy. E.g. big fan of The Festival of the Spoken Nerd.
I'm a free software user and I've contributed to some projects that you might be using such as:
- Grub2: I added gettext
developed it. Available on Debian and Ubuntu.
- qphotosort: developed it.
- Contributor with small features or bugfixes to Pydance, pidgin, Amarok,
gnokii, geeqie, xdiskusage, mtr... I used to fix bugs to almost any software
that I found
- I've given talks to different conferences in Barcelona and around, Fosdem,
Python Code Dojos, Unconferences, etc.
- Nowadays I write on my blog, previously I used to write on Bulma, Catux and Debaday.
For more source code see my Github page.
The majority of the code that I've written during the last years is for Mendeley Desktop.